- Updated Mercedes Page with new serial numbers, and the debate over the K45 Superba…
- Typewriter repairmen may be doing well in the US, but not so much in India
- TWDB Manufacturers list additions and floppy disks and Petrus Aged Red
- It’s the little things that make life worth living…
- Drago’s gettin’ New Rubber!
- Digital Detox
- Discussion Threads for Typewriter Hunters now available at The Typewriter Database!
- Coming updates to the Typewriter Database
- Mystery Machine revealed, plus jerkface Brooklyn polititian wants to ensure typewriters are obsoleted!
- Ben Franklin – The Sharpening, and Guess The Mystery Machine!
- Sewing Machines and Pencils. Too many things to geek out on…
- Typewriter Database blasts past 500 individual collector’s galleries!
- Added Marques of Talleres Alonso S.A. of Valencia, Spain to Typewriter Database…
- Adopt A Typosaurian Today!
- Populaire, showing tonight at Chez Munk!
- Oooooh, lookit all them pretty typewriters!
- This post will Make Adwoa squee!
- Status of Web Projects
- The Resurrection of Lazarus, Part Deux…
- Ryan Adney on Updated Mercedes Page with new serial numbers, and the debate over the K45 Superba…
- Richard P on Updated Mercedes Page with new serial numbers, and the debate over the K45 Superba…
- Bob sepper on Where will we get our Typewriter Platens re-covered now?
- Richard P on Typewriter repairmen may be doing well in the US, but not so much in India
- munk on TWDB Manufacturers list additions and floppy disks and Petrus Aged Red
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
Hello, my name is X and I’m a Typewriteric.
I insist on “Typewriteric” because it’s not “alcoholholic”. Of course, the instant I type this, “A Typewriter a Day” gets added to the blogroll. The typosphere is on the ball!
Typed on “El Diablo” 1929 Corona 4, “Adwoa” 1955 Swissa Junior, and “The Iron Lady” (pictured) 1960 Smith-Corona Electric 5TE. Ruler is a nifty wooden and brass vintage fold-out ruler I found at a thrift store for $3.
Oh, and this method of using my phone to take a pic of the text in the machine seems to work fairly well. Adds a little bit of captcha-style distortion of letterforms that may fool our Googleactic Overlords for awhile, and is quite readable. It also means I can ignore my balky scanner for awhile and still post typecasts :D