- Thunderbird, and the Evidence of The Eyes (Mercedes Corrected)
- Updated Mercedes Page with new serial numbers, and the debate over the K45 Superba…
- Typewriter repairmen may be doing well in the US, but not so much in India
- TWDB Manufacturers list additions and floppy disks and Petrus Aged Red
- It’s the little things that make life worth living…
- Drago’s gettin’ New Rubber!
- Digital Detox
- Discussion Threads for Typewriter Hunters now available at The Typewriter Database!
- Coming updates to the Typewriter Database
- Mystery Machine revealed, plus jerkface Brooklyn polititian wants to ensure typewriters are obsoleted!
- Ben Franklin – The Sharpening, and Guess The Mystery Machine!
- Sewing Machines and Pencils. Too many things to geek out on…
- Typewriter Database blasts past 500 individual collector’s galleries!
- Added Marques of Talleres Alonso S.A. of Valencia, Spain to Typewriter Database…
- Adopt A Typosaurian Today!
- Populaire, showing tonight at Chez Munk!
- Oooooh, lookit all them pretty typewriters!
- This post will Make Adwoa squee!
- Status of Web Projects
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
First Aid for Typewriters: Popular Science May 1941
First Aid for Typewriters is an article in the May 1941 issue of Popular Science which gives useful tips on keeping your typer in top shape. For tips on how an EXPERT cleans a typewriter, we need to jump to March of 1949: here.
And heck, while I’m linking to fun typewriter stuff, here’s an article in the Rotarian, March 1914, written by a department manager for Remington on “The Evolution of the Typewriter“, which I guess by 1914 had reached pretty much the apex of technology as far as features.