- Thunderbird, and the Evidence of The Eyes (Mercedes Corrected)
- Updated Mercedes Page with new serial numbers, and the debate over the K45 Superba…
- Typewriter repairmen may be doing well in the US, but not so much in India
- TWDB Manufacturers list additions and floppy disks and Petrus Aged Red
- It’s the little things that make life worth living…
- Drago’s gettin’ New Rubber!
- Digital Detox
- Discussion Threads for Typewriter Hunters now available at The Typewriter Database!
- Coming updates to the Typewriter Database
- Mystery Machine revealed, plus jerkface Brooklyn polititian wants to ensure typewriters are obsoleted!
- Ben Franklin – The Sharpening, and Guess The Mystery Machine!
- Sewing Machines and Pencils. Too many things to geek out on…
- Typewriter Database blasts past 500 individual collector’s galleries!
- Added Marques of Talleres Alonso S.A. of Valencia, Spain to Typewriter Database…
- Adopt A Typosaurian Today!
- Populaire, showing tonight at Chez Munk!
- Oooooh, lookit all them pretty typewriters!
- This post will Make Adwoa squee!
- Status of Web Projects
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
Thousands of typewriters stored at the bottom of the ocean?
This article in the Sioux City Journal about a retiring typewriter repairman has an interesting line in it:
The brothers also cleaned and bagged typewriters for the Army and Navy and then transported them to Chicago. The typewriters were sealed up and put in an unusual place.
“I asked them, what they do with them overseas,” Bauernfeind said. “They put them in the bottom of the ocean for storage.”
Hmmn, the Army and Navy sent thousands of typewriters to Davy Jones’ locker wrapped in plastic bags? Did they ever retrieve them? Is there a vast storehouse of freshly-sealed and preserved vintage typewriters littering the floor of the ocean somewhere? WHERE?